Wednesday, February 27, 2008

For a Season

Every so often you come across a verse that speaks to exactly what you are going through on that very day. Some people call them "life verses". I think of them more as seasonal verses because, as God continues to work, I need fresh words quite frequently!

So after practically freezing to death on Sunday - I could not get warm for the life of me even with flannel pajamas, fuzzy socks, and a goosedown comforter - I thought this might be my seasonal verse:
1 When King David was old and well advanced in years, he could not keep warm even when they put covers over him.

But yesterday, Beth posted an amazing word on her blog http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/ titled "Just Dreaming?"
She concluded with this verse...I think I'll claim it as my seasonal verse and just go buy an electric blanket!

Habakkuk 2:3 This vision is for a future time.
It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
for it will surely take place.

It will not be delayed.

No comments: