Saturday, February 9, 2008

15 Years Ago Today...

Fifteen years ago today, I woke early (around 5 a.m.) with an intense backache. As the grogginess of sleep cleared, I suddenly became cognizant that I was in labor...about to be a mother for the very first time. I spent most of that day - the next 12 hours in fact - bringing this little bundle into the world.


My mother was not with me in the labor/delivery room that day. She was at home with a bunch of 6 year olds celebrating this little stinker's birthday:


Max had decided to come 11 days early and was born on my little sister Jo's birthday. Today they turn 15 and 21...practically grown-ups. Max will be getting his learner's permit tomorrow and Jo is now legal to buy tequila. Let's all take a moment to pray, shall we!

All kidding aside, these are two of my most favorite people in the world. I was happy to forego having any athleticism in my DNA so that Jo could receive it all. And Max, you are my hero in so many ways and you seriously crack me up. I wouldn't trade being your madre for all the Starbucks in the world.

Happy Birthday BB Jo and Cowboy Max! I love both of you February 9th babies to pieces!

No comments: