Saturday, February 9, 2008

An Exclusive Interview with BB Jo

In honor of my sister Jo's 21st birthday, I asked her to do a little bloggy interview. Just to fill us in on where she is at in life in 2008 and to give us something to laugh about 20 years from now. She was very sweet to oblige and answer all my questions especially since she is so busy playing college basketball (she didn't get that from me) and keeping around a 4.0 grade point average (she might of got that from me). We won't make mention of the fact that I threatened to post baby pictures of her if she failed to comply with my request.

Here is the scoop on BB Jo at 21:

Q: So, now that you are turning 21, do you think you will do something crazy like marry a rodeo cowboy?
A: HA!HA! Well, I will probably do something crazy because I am usually crazy, but I think I learned from my big sis about the whole marrying a rodeo cowboy.

Q: I spent my 21st birthday in Weed, CA at a cattle show. How do you plan to spend yours? (Keeping in mind, of course, that you are a collegiate athlete and have numerous nieces and nephews who look up to you.)
A: Well, keeping in mind the last part to the question, haha, I will spend the early morning of my birthday on a bus riding home from Mines for Bball. So, I will be tired and probably sleep in. Then the plans are to go out with a few friends that night to a new restaurant in town called the Venue. It is pretty high class, like $30 a plate. This is high class for a country bumpkin like me. I will leave the rest of the night up to your imagination...just kidding.

Q: If you could have any food on your birthday, what would it be?
A: CRAB LEGS!!!!! The best was when Max and I celebrated our birthdays together at Auntie J's restaurant and she got all those crab legs for us.

Q: If you could go anywhere on Feb. 9 (no limits) , where would you go?
A: Definitely someplace warm! I miss the amazing weather we had in Hawaii, but I would say Jamaica. I have heard from a lot of people that it is a pretty fun place to visit, and I could work on my tan!

Q: What has been the best thing about college at UNK so far?
A: Besides the parties? Just kidding! I have enjoyed being on my own and having some freedom. I would also have to say the relationships I have built with my teammates and some of my close friends.

Q: What has been the worst thing?
A: SCHOOL!! No, for the most part I have enjoyed my classes. The worst part would be the struggles I have had with basketball, but perserverance has paid off and it has really turned out for the better.

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: Well, I am planning on never growing up, so I don't ever have to get a job and pay bills and all that "not fun" stuff. Right now I am still trying to figure that out, so if you get any signs from God about what I should do please let me know! ha, ha

Q: What is your dream birthday gift?
A: Well, Beans came pretty close with Scene It? Pirates of the Caribbean. But something I have always wanted is tickets to the NCAA Women's Basketball Final Four! I would have to say that is my dream gift. Oh, and a million dollars.


Now some important biblical advice for the 21 year old from her big sister:
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians 5:17-19



And, I'm really sorry Jo, but I can't resist. I've been keeping this photo in the top drawer of my desk for nearly 20 years...it's just too adorable not to share.

Happy Birthday Baby Foo-Fa-Nu! I Love Ya!

No comments: