Thursday, February 21, 2008

Beyond Excited

Max, Min, Blue-Eyed Girl and I are going to this tonight:



I am so stinkin' excited! Going to the concert is Max and Blue-Eyed Girl's birthday present since they both celebrate in February. It will be Blue-Eyed Girl's first "real" concert. (Not counting county fair concerts.)

My first concert was a gift for my 11th birthday - my mom and I went to see John Denver. The opening act was the Starland Vocal Band. No offense Mom, but I'm really glad my kids won't have to wonder what's "Afternoon Delight"???

I am filled with gratefulness beyond measure that Christian Music is where it is today - that my kids and I can rock out to Jesus songs. Music with a message, music with hope. Everyday in our house, in the car, on our ipods we can fill our minds with truth and faith.

Here a little sampling of what we'll be hearing tonight:


Rock On Jesus Freaks!!


PS: Buford's not going. He didn't think he could quite get his "freak on" to Toby Mac. He's more the "Old Rugged Cross" or "Free Bird" type. Nor does he want to deal with post-concert headache and deafness. We will miss you honey - make sure you talk loud the next couple of days unless you want to hear, "Huh?" even more than you already do!

No comments: