Monday, March 3, 2008

A String Around My Finger

Now that I am old, it is becoming more difficult to remember things. I could surround myself with sticky notes (but the clutter is so annoying) or tie a string around my finger (but that would be annoying too) so I've decided to use this blog as a space to put things that I really want to remember, like this quote:

Since you cannot do good to all,
you are to pay special attention to those who,
by the accidents of time, or place, or circumstances,
are brought into closer connection with you.
- St. Augustine of Hippo


I'm not sure if I agree with Mr. Augustine of Hippo about the accidental part...we may think they are accidental but many people we come across are there by divine appointment...we just often miss the appointment

No comments: