Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Papa - by Blue-Eyed Girl


A personal narrative from earlier this school year:

My great grandpa's name was Papa Pac. He was my mom's grandpa on her dad's side. He was a farmer his whole life. His real name was Albert but he got his nickname "Pac" because he was kind of a pack-rat. He was always trying to find new uses for old junk.

Papa Pac was very good at making things out of wood. For instance, he made a rocking horse and a bookshelf that I have now.

I was born on Papa Pac's 80th birthday. He was so happy that we shared the same birthday. We also shared the same favorite candy bar which is Snickers.

When I was 4 years old, my great grandpa Pac died. When he died he was 84. He didn't die of cancer. He just died peacefully while watching a Rockies Game.

No comments: