Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Passion for Three

I was scrolling through my ipod today and noticed that I had three different versions of the worship song "In Christ Alone". I think three is an appropriate quantity for a powerful song like this since three is a significant number to God - a Trinity of three (Father, Son & Spirit), three days in the tomb. As I listened to the triple play, I couldn't help but always lift my hands during the final verse:

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

As Holy Week comes to a dramatic close I'd like to share the song with you...beautifully arranged with video clips from "The Passion".

No comments: