Saturday, October 27, 2007

Holy Grounds

As most of my friends know, I am a huge "fan" of Beth Moore. Her Bible studies and teachings have had a huge impact on my Christian walk and have just flat out changed my life. Now, Beth has quite a hankerin' for Starbuck's cappuccinos and I just know that our heavenly Father is building a coffee shop right around the corner from her heavenly mansion. Now I'm quite certain that it won't be a Starbucks because, well, there won't be any weird Pisces symbols in heaven and we won't need any "bucks" either. It will be a free and unlimited supply of foaming, frothy arabica goodness! So today, I got to thinking about what this coffee shop might be called and what we will do there (certainly not mooching off the free wireless!)

Here are some names I came up with:
~Jesus' Java Joint
~Lion & Lamb Lattes
~Cornerstone Coffee
~Everlasting Espresso
~Beth's Blessed Bliss

Anyway, you get the depth of my weirdness...

As my imagination got carried away, I also began to think about who I might be hanging out with at this little piece of heaven in heaven. There would be Beth, of course, and I don't think I will have to tell her how much impact she had on my life - I think she will just know. And also, there would be my BFF Grace, because in heaven she will have glorified taste buds and be completely healed and therefore able to drink coffee...besides we won't have to have "diet" anything there! I really hope a few biblical gals stop by for a chat and a cup of joe. I'd like to sit with Jochibed and ask her what it was like to put her baby Moses in that basket. Did she just bawl while she was weaving it together and smearing it with pitch? I would have. Trusting God doesn't mean we don't have intense motherly emotions. Rahab is another one I'd like to meet. How did she find herself in her original profession? Was her heart beating 100 mph when those spies were hiding on her roof? What was it like marrying an Israelite after a life of paganism? Did she have any idea that she was going to be in the lineage of the Messiah? And then there's Martha, I'd just like to give her a big hug and thank her for serving as the first example to many of us in a line of Marthas. I know she'd laugh when I'd tell her about how my food was identifiable at the church potlucks because it had the tightest plastic wrap. Finally, three unnamed women: The Woman at the Well; The Woman caught in Adultery; and The Woman with the Issue of Blood. First, I would like to know their names and then their entire life stories right up to the point where they had their Jesus encounters. Then I'd like to hear in painstaking detail how they felt when they saw Him, heard Him, touched Him and experienced His forgiveness and redemption. What were they like after that day? So many questions - I would be a captive audience. Coffee and conversation - they were made for each other!

So, Lord, I'm sure that you can think up a much better name for this coffee shop than I can. And, I promise, us girls will only take a quick break to share a cup and a chat and then we'll be right back in the throne room singing: "Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits on the throne and unto the Lamb for ever and ever!" ~AMEN

2 comments:

lulabell said...

Well, I never thought I would be responding to a blog. The computer is not usually my friend. I have enjoyed reading about the family and your thoughts. Buford is very appropriately named. This blog is a reason to check my e-mail a little more often. Love ya, Lulabell

HIStory Buff said...

Phew, girl friend! So many peeps to talk to so little time - oh, no eternal coffe talk will replace our clock. Count me in. I'm believen' for the said taste buds. All I wanna know is where was Adam and why was Eve lead astray so soon. I mean, if Adam had to log all the animal names, well, I guess I can see how lonely Eve would get. But, please. God walked with them in the cool of the day. What I wouldn't give for that!

Logic: Let's drink coffee with Beth and tell Eve that next time she should learn to type!

Grace D.