Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Pesky Little Brother

Other than Buford and me, I'm not sure two people could be more opposite than my little brother and I were growing up. (Maybe God was preparing me?)

He liked to be outside, preferably on a tractor or taking one apart and reassembling it.
I preferred to be inside, reading a book or sewing something.

He liked the egg white.
I liked the egg yolk. (Nice for Mom, she only had to cook one egg!)

He liked playing farm.
I liked playing Barbies. (Sometimes my Barbies would live on the farm - you learn to compromise.)

He liked Dr. Pepper.
I detested the stuff and preferred Pepsi. (still do)

He was always making me "late" to school (ie: getting there a minute before the bell rang.)
I always tried to be early to school so I could socialize (usually with a boy.)

He liked to procrastinate and mess around before getting our chores done.
I liked to get our chores done first and then play.

He liked Chocolate Ice Cream.
I liked Vanilla Ice Cream...or any flavor other than chocolate.

His bedroom was in the basement.
Mine was upstairs.
(Until baby sister & the fire came along - now neither one of us has a bedroom at Mom & Dad's.)

These days, we have a few more things in common...we're both parents of teenagers and we both love Jesus. (Think those two need to go hand in hand - help us Lord!) We agree that Qdoba rocks and that ColdStone is the best ice cream on the planet.

AND AS OF TODAY, WE ARE BOTH OVER 40!!


You are officially old - join the club!

Happy Birthday, pesky little brother!

No comments: