Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shoveling

I often read Christian recording artist, Shaun Grove's Blog (Shlog). This is a piece of his writing that really hit me today...

The great American prophet Stephen King writes“...stopping a piece of work just because it’s hard, either emotionally or imaginatively, is a bad idea. Sometimes you have to go on when you don’t feel like it, and sometimes you’re doing good work when it feels like all you’re managing is to shovel **** from a sitting position.”

Shaun continues: A “God thing”, I’m relearning is not necessarily a thing of less resistance than the thing you already know today. God’s way is not necessarily the way I feel most confident in or the most qualified to take. It’s not necessarily the quickest, smoothest, clearest, most reassuring thing.

Oh boy, did I ever need to hear that today! Thanks to my fake friend Shaun for speakin' some truth. Now, I'd better get back to shoveling.

1 comment:

Shaun Groves said...

You're welcome...he says from the shoveling position.

-Shaun
www.Shlog.com
www.CompassionBloggers.com