Monday, April 7, 2008

Well, Hello...

There are a few blogs out in the great "blog-o-sphere" that I read everyday. Nobody that I know personally, just some fellow moms who do a brilliant job of writing about their daily lives. They are witty and practical and sometimes downright hilarious. (If I knew what I was doing, I would put some links to their blogs right _______ here...but I haven't found that "Blogging for Idiots" book yet.) Anyway, I check in on these bloggy folks daily, and if they haven't posted anything new, then I am disappointed. You know, it's just really important to find out what your "fake" friends have been up to! So I imagine that all 3 of you who read this blog have been somewhat disappointed about my lack of posting as of late.
Well, I have a couple of excuses. They are called "Life" and "Spring Break".
"Life" is me trying to get readjusted to working back at home without staying in my pajamas and eating M&M's all day. Let's just say the "depression monster" has wanted to rear its ugly head. While being at home has its advantages (I can listen to Beth Moore all day as I work and get laundry done at the same time), I miss my room at the Pear and I miss seeing my best buddy everyday. (It also seems like more of an infringement when I clean up the house in anticipation of a client coming and then they are a no show. At the Pear, I didn't have to lint roller couches and clean doggie nose prints off the windows!) So when I feel like eating M&M's in my pajamas all day, I don't really want to blog about it because it might scare all my 3 readers away! Oh, that's the blog of gloom and doom...run away!
"Spring Break" for Blue and Min was last week and they got new Webkinz on Monday. Webkinz are stuffed animals that have a virtual world on the internet. The kids create homes, feed, and play games with these critters. They can even invite their friends with Webkinz to visit them in their virtual Webkinz world. Yea, it's weird. But not evil weird - just "techie" weird. What we used to do with dolls they are now doing on the computer. So every extra minute (when we weren't getting root canals and ingrown toenail surgery) was spent in their respective Webkinz Worlds. Surprisingly, they didn't fight over the computer but little time was left for Mom to blog.
So those are my excuses. I've missed everyone...leave me a comment to let me know you are still here. I'll eat some M&M's while I wait!
*update* I figured out how to do links!!!
Here are some of my favorite blogs...click on any of these to meet my "fake" friends:

No comments: