Sunday, December 2, 2007

Ode to a Dormant Blog

Holy Cats. I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted! I've been busy, busy, busy! What with Thanksgiving and sewing and then sewing some more. I look around my neighborhood and I wonder, "Don't you people have anything better to do than to string massive quantities of lights and put no less than 3 giant blow-up Christmas thingys in your front yards?" I'm not bah-humbugging cuz Grace prayed and got me delivered from that. And now that Thanksgiving is over, by all means deck the halls...but what is it with the giant blow-up Santas and snowmen and Poohs?? I believe that Christmas brings out the inner redneck in everyone! Just please, please throw away your pumpkins BEFORE you string those lights...please. Okay, enough about that. So here are some of the latest happenings at our house:

Some funny stuff I've heard...
Med and Min have been on a roll lately - out of the mouths of babes...

Min: "If I swallowed a caterpillar, in a couple of weeks, would I fart out a butterfly?"

Med (upon hearing Min say that when he was an adult he was going to get a PlayStation and play it all day long - because his mean parents won't let him have one) said with a sigh: "Oh, Min - you'll grow up to be a proper adult."

And the cutest joke I've heard in awhile told by Med: A pit bull, a retriever and a chihuahua wanted to go on a date with a cute French Poodle. The French Poodle said that whoever could use the words "liver and cheese" in the most creative way would win a date with her. The pit bull tried first, "I like liver and cheese" he said. "Nope, not going to work," said the poodle. The retriever went next, "I don't like liver and cheese". "Nope, that's not going to do it either." said the poodle. Finally, the chihuahua said, "Leever alone - Cheez mine!"

A funny thing that happened...
Last Wednesday morning, I had filled the bathtub for Min and our kitten, Elvis, was curious and perched himself on the edge of the tub. I heard a loud splash and thought that Min had fallen while getting in the bath - I ran to see what had happened and found a very wet kitty dripping on the carpet and frantically trying to lick himself dry. Med said, "Wow, you never realize how skinny cats are until they get wet!" Elvis might have used up one of his nine lives because the water was fairly deep. You know what they say about curiosity!

An awesome thing I just read...
Our church is reading Max Lucado's new book 3:16 in conjunction with our pastor's sermon series on John 3:16 during Advent. I love it when an author can put things in terms we can "get". Not high and lofty thinking but more where the rubber meets the road living. In this quote he is talking about the word perish as in "whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."
This is what Max writes: "And perish...a sobering word. We'd like to dilute, if not delete, the term. Not Jesus. He pounds DO NOT ENTER signs on every square inch of Satan's gate and tells those hell-bent on entering to do so over his dead body."
What a picture! That just makes me want to shout! Can't you just picture Jesus with hammer and nails and a whole stack of signs. He was a carpenter - he hit those nails dead on, one blow of the hammer right after another, while Satan stood by screaming - furious as Christ defaced the very gates of hell. Can I get a Hallelujah??!!

Well, that is all for now, oh dormant blog. I need to go do some ironing because, apparently, the lady who does the ironing at our house has decided to take a vacation and my basket runneth over.

No comments: