Thursday, May 22, 2008

So...

My original plan for today's blog was to post some pictures of the kid's field day at school. But, umm, there were some weather issues that are going to pre-empt that post. Mainly this tornado...



which I practically drove through. I was in Platteville on my way to pick up Max when it went through that area. There was hail like I'd never experienced. And after the hail there was a cow (injured and wandering in the highway) and a horse running loose up the highway and this truck...



I drove right past it after it had overturned. Honestly it was like being dropped right in the middle of a scene from "Twister". It was surreal and I am so thankful that I had stopped for a few minutes hoping the storm would pass. Otherwise I might have been smack dab in the middle of it. Scary stuff!

No comments: